Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Mondays

It's nearly 11:00 on what looks to be a really beautiful day. The sun is shining, reflecting brightly off the cement of the balcony and nearly blinding me through the glass of the French doors. The temperature is sitting primly at freezing.

There's coffee in my cup (complete with chocolate creamer). My chin/neck finally seems to be recovering from whatever strain I put it under that resulted in the asleep-limb sensation I've had for the last few days. (This is the second time in a handful of years that I've done that. I should know by now, that falling asleep while using the husband's arm as a pillow is not good for my musculature. Maybe 10 years ago it would have been fine.)

And, I guess, the recurring realization (because it's happening more and more lately) that I can't do some of the things I used to dowhether it's sleep until noon without feeling like shit, or eat my weight in pizza and chocolate without getting heartburn, or take a nap on the floor and actually be able to stand up afterward (which my grandmother can still do, at 73, so riddle me that one)that's made me crave, even more, the music that surrounded me as a teenager.

So, here are the top five songs gracing my playlist today.

1. Bif Naked - Lucky
2. Epperly - Shy
3. Job's Eyes - Far
4. Toad the Wet Sprocket - Little Heaven
5. The Sundays - Wild Horses


What's on your Monday morning playlist? Share in the comments.





















I'm hopping today:

6 comments:

L. M. Leffew said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the hop, I hope you will come back next wee and meet a new blogger.  I love the videos, I have not heard of most of them and I really liked the Wild Horses one!  I like the Music Monday idea, is a nice relaxing thing for the start of a week!!  Hope your week goes really well.  :)

L. M. Leffew said...

 Thank you. I'll definitely be back next week. :)

L. M. Leffew said...

*sigh* Doesn't it get depressing when you realize that your youth is slipping away? I had pizza for breakfast this morning...something I used to do ALL the time, but now I have to chase that breakfast with two tums. :(

Revisiting music from my youth is a good idea...maybe it'll help me recapture that feeling. 

L. M. Leffew said...

Thank you for posting the videos, I have not heard of a couple of those. I'm all about chocolate or flavored creamer in my coffee. Won't drink it plain to save my soul.

L. M. Leffew said...

 Indeed, depressing. :\ I try to look on the bright side. Obviously, it's better than the alternative. But I'm starting to really miss those teen and early 20 years.

L. M. Leffew said...

Always glad to introduce new music. :) Both of those came from the Buffy series, incidentally. A highlight of my teen years.

I've tried to wean myself off the flavored creamer--cut down on the sugar and the artificial junk going into my body--but I just can't enjoy my coffee without the variety. Cream and sugar only get me so far. And coffee is my lifeblood. :\

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.