Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Mondays: Tax Time Edition



'Tis the season. Tax season, that is. Last week, in honor of this most annoying season, I watched one of my favorite Roseanne episodes: "April Fool's Day," in which she and husband Dan rush against the clock to get their taxes filed on time.

And I giggled myself silly as I spotted my own actions and reactions on screen. Granted, my taxes are  simple compared to their mountain of receipts and forms. Between my husband and Iwe married last year, so this is the first year we get to do that tax combo break—we have two jobs between us and some interest incoming. And that's it. Easy. Just the way I like it. (Granted, this reminds me, I really need to start doing some more retirement planning.)


So, here are five songs in honor of this season of taxes and thinking about bureaucracy. 




1. Hard for the Money - Donna Summer
2. Badlands - Bruce Springsteen
3. Bad Romance: Women's Suffrage - Soomo Publishing
4. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue -  Bob Dylan
5. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen


1.



2.



3.



4. 




5.




2 comments:

L. M. Leffew said...

I need to get all my papers ready for the big file myself.  I seem to procrastinate longer each year.   When I am working on them I usually hear the Rockwell song Somebody's Watching Me.

L. M. Leffew said...

We just calculated our taxes last weekend. Probably the earliest I've ever done it. (They're still not filed though...just sitting on my desk. Waiting.)



And you gave me a thought. Sting's "I'll Be Watching You."

Stalker? IRS? Yeah, why not?


Glad you stopped by. :)

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.