Monday, September 9, 2013

Music Mondays: Into Autumn



It's September and I don't know where the year has gone.

I was one month short again this summer (brought down by a cold that became bronchitis) and spent the rest of it traveling. Relaxing, rewarding to get away from the day-to-day monotony of job hunting, housework, and the all too brief consulting job. But it did eat into the time I'd originally reserved for personal projects.

Oh, who am I kidding? I was down and out from mid May to mid June, yes, but I admit to sabotaging myself for the rest of the time. I could've shoved my nose to the grind stone.

But, you know what? I'm trying to enjoy myself more. To let go of the chore that writing has become. To work on silly little projects that will never see daylight. To write homages that will only be shared with specific groups of people. And then to scribble on the stories that I might like to send off into the world one day. Maybe.

This means, too, taking a more leisurely approach to the blog. So, you'll see me popping up throughout the month, most likely, but I'm not worried about keeping to the schedule I'd tried to set.

Now, I digress. It's Monday. You're here for the music. (Or you just stumbled over here not knowing what to expect.) So, here are some tunes that, for me, welcome fall.


Autumn (Adagio Molto) - Vivaldi, Four Seasons






Wild Child - Enya







Raglan Road - Sinead O'Connor










2 comments:

L. M. Leffew said...

We're better for it when we tend to be kinder to ourselves. I know I'm a bit of a brute on myself when it comes to writing. (Hugs)Indigo

L. M. Leffew said...

Very true.

My writing is a lot more fluid and fun and honest when I'm enjoying myself.

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.