Monday, February 11, 2013

Music Mondays: Anti V-Day Edition



Thursday is Valentine's Day. If I hadn't known that, I probably would have figured it out due to the amount of red and pink decor appearing in the grocery stores, making it look as though a Care Bear upchucked all over the floral section.

I don't do Valentine's Day. For several reasons. And no, that's not just something I say. (I may blog about this topic later.)

So, on this Music Monday, I'm pulling together an anti V-Day song list to combat the sickly sweet sugar rush that invades the country this time of year.

If you're like me and don't get into the facade what songs appeal to you? What music do you use to combat the corporate enforced "love bug?"

(Aside: If you knew how many times I've edited this post for little grammatical errors/spelling slips-of-the-finger, you'd laugh. It's definitely Monday. Oy.)


1. Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers - Jack Off Jill
2. White Wedding - Billy Idol
3. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
4. Every Breath You Take - The Police (Because, if you didn't yet know, it's about a stalker.)
5. Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana






1.




3.






5.




No comments:

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.