Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Writing Space


I live!

In a manner of speaking.

I changed towns this past month. It's only a three hour change. Four, if you count the time zone...

One stuffed bookshelf.
After M-Day, I took a week's hiatus from just about everything, save the biomechanical actions that support my existence, and I've spent the last week getting the new apartment set up, beginning with the kitchen and (not really) ending with my "office" (so named because I'll be working the day job from home) slash writing/creative space.

First came the usual accoutrements: the desk, computer, printer, bookshelves. Then a few extras by way of the old television, Playstation2 and the CD/Record Player.

And, lastly, came the decor.


The view from my desk chair.
Yes, I am a little Joker-happy.

I like chaotic order when it comes to decorating my writing space. I want to stimulate my visual senses. (And occasionally my tactile and olfactory senses as well, but pillows and incense typically aren't as interesting to post about.)

Anyway. I want pictures and posters and random odds and ends. Things with sentimental value, beautiful things, and ghastly-pretty things. So, I've filled my space with all of the above.

Additional bookshelves.
Still more live in other rooms.


And I'm sure they'll be more to come as I finish unpacking the last few boxes.

So, tell me: what is your writing space like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I found this page was like wow. Thank you for putting your effort in publishing this article.

Anonymous said...

I like your space. Currently, my writing/creative/office space is a bit boring and sparse. I just haven't gotten around to decorating because I keep saying I'm going to paint (been here four years, paint cans still sitting on the floor). I don't procrastinate much though ha!

L. M. Leffew said...

Thank you.

I don't procrastinate much either, no.... :) I think a large part of the reason I got my office decorated so quickly was for fear of the cats tearing things up. (As there was no great place, that they wouldn't be able to figure out how to get into, to store the decor.)

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.