Sunday, March 23, 2014

Off to Camp in April!



Well, sort of.

Camp NaNoWriMo starts next month. Camp Wrimo, an offshoot of NaNoWriMo, occurs in April and again in July. It's a slightly more laid back noveling experience where you can set your own word count goal.

I'm treating this WriMo a little different by working with the story and characters I met during this past NaNoWriMo. (I didn't hit 50k, but I hit 32k and I had the rest of it generally plotted out.)

I'm setting my goal at about 10,000 (though if I continue over, peachy). This should give me some room to work from the beginning, rewriting my story with a bit more care than what I used in November.

I've been using some of the Novel in 30 Days Worksheets via Writer's Digest, and my few haphazard notes that I jotted down during and in the last few months, to help me get some more organization to my characters and my plot.

I'm feeling more connected to these novel characters than I have to any in a while. My goal is to actually complete this project.

Whether it will see anyone's eyes but my own is another story entirely. But we'll see.

How about you? What are your spring writing plans? What's going to take you into summer? 

No comments:

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.