Sunday, July 11, 2010

Villains in Sweater Vests

I've been watching Heroes.

Yes, the year it's canceled is the year I start watching the show. (But, that's actually better than starting a show, getting hooked on it, and having it canceled as you're eagerly awaiting the next season. I know what to expect going in.)

Anyway.

I'm watching Heroes and...Gabriel Gray. (O.K. and Sylar too. Granted, same person, different facet.)

And this just gives me a kick in the head to ask:

What is it with me and crazy characters in glasses and sweater vests?

No, really.

See, one fascination:

Dr. Jonathan Crane (as portrayed by Cillian Murphy in Batman Begins)



And now...

Gabriel Gray/Sylar (as portrayed by Zachary Quinto)



(And note...they even have a similar expression.)

Granted, Sylar doesn't maintain the Uber-Geek look (which I do love by the way; see also: Dr. Spencer Reid in early seasons of Criminal Minds) because, hey, after you start gaining infamy, you want to cut an intimidating figure and all black with spiked hair and sexy stubble is a much better way to do that...

Case in point:














Some days, I think I might have the beginnings of a problem...


Is there an Anonymous group for this type of thing?

1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

The innocent (by appearance anyway) bad guy. For some reason it sounds perfectly sane in a strange way (winks). (Hugs)Indigo

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.