Sunday, June 9, 2013

Music Mondays: Just Shoot Me Edition



I've lost my cheerful disposition. There's a possibility I coughed it out, along with one of my lungs. Or maybe I'm lying and I never had one to begin with. But if I did, it would certainly be gone now that I've had the privilege of being sickly for nearly three weeks.

It hasn't been constant. No, no, no. I thought I'd gotten over the worst of it (and was just battling the ubiquitous post-cold cough) just in time for some lake and sunshine. But then...then my immune system decided to throw me a curve ball; about a week after I thought things had cleared up, I was set upon by a vile little bronchial monstrosity that had me croaking awake at 6:00 a.m. last Tuesday. Maybe my immune system's trying to tell me something. (I'm guessing "sleep more" is part of that message.)

Needless to say, I'm so ready to be hale and hearty again (and I do seem to be improving, but I don't want to jinx myself); I want the full brunt of my mental faculties back. There are too many things I have planned and this month long mental hiatus is killing me. I hope to be back in blogger and writer form soon, but until then, I'm going to continue taking it easy.

In honor of my plague, I've been poking along with songs about sickness (in its various shapes and forms).



Infected - Repo: The Genetic Opera OST






I'm So Sick - Flyleaf






Comfortably Numb - Collide





I Wanna Be Well - The Ramones












No comments:

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.